As long as you are alive, you have experienced pain because there are limitless instances that expose an individual to pain. However, people do not visit the healthcare institutions as frequently as they suffer from pain because some pain goes away on its own. Nevertheless, some acute pain cannot go away on its own, calling for medical attention to manage it. Alliance Spine Associates, LLC has been set up to help individuals suffering from acute pain. If you are suffering from pain, the following information could greatly benefit you.
Types of pain
When categorizing pain based on its severity, there are four types of pain, namely;
This is the pain resulting from a normal response to a medical condition or an injury. The following pain is usually short-lived, and it goes away when the specialist treats the condition triggering pain.
This is the pain that exceeds the time that it was expected to heal. This pain lasts for more than three months. It can be caused by untreated conditions such as arthritis, nerve damage, back pain, and fibromyalgia.
This pain occurs when the individual breaks a bone, pulls a muscle or bumps the head. The pain can affect the person’s internal organs or the musculoskeletal system.
This is the pain that is triggered by the abnormality of the nervous system. In this instance, the nerves send pain signals even when the part is not damaged.
Causes of Pain
The following are the main causes of pain.
· Undergoing a surgical procedure
· Suffering an injury
· Having a medical condition such as back problems, arthritis, or cancer.
Ways of managing pain
The following are the ways you can reduce the pain.
· Heat or cold. You should start with the ice packs since it reduces the risk of swelling in the injured part. After that, alternate it with heat packs since it helps to relieve the joint or muscle pain.
· Massage. Massage is effective in relieving the pain in the soft tissues. However, you should avoid using it on joints.
· Physical therapies. Therapies such as stretching and aerobic exercises can help relieve the pain. However, you should be cautious about overdoing them to reduce the risk of worsening the condition.
· Relaxation and stress management methods. Applying methods such as yoga and meditation can help to reduce the pain.
· Medications. According to the pain you are suffering; the specialist may recommend a prescription to alleviate the situation.
· Counseling and therapy. This is the process where the specialist helps you manage the pain by interfering with how the brain functions. This will reduce the risk of suffering from pain-related depression and anxiety.
Most people have been suffering from pain for a long time to the point of giving up since they do not know where they can get quality pain management services. If you are an individual who has been suffering from pain for a while, there is hope for you. Alliance Spine Associates will help to relieve your pain. The specialist will diagnose the cause of pain, offering effective service to correct the condition. Visit the facility today and start enjoying life.